Labor to act on child care gender pay gap
Bill Shorten has indicated Labor will soon announce plans for closing the gender pay gap, starting with early childhood educators.
The opposition leader foreshadowed the pledge while detailing Labor’s women’s policy platform in Melbourne on Friday.
“We’ll be announcing new plans to cut the cost of long day child care and we will lead a new national push for pay equity, starting with early childhood educators,” Mr Shorten said.
- ‘Parents these days’ are judged too harshly
- A “million word gap” for children who aren’t read to at home
- Preschool teachers demand $100,000 salaries in Fair Work Commission
- Here’s what teachers look for when kids start school
- Preschool benefits all children, but not all children get it. Here’s what the government can do about that