Labor to act on child care gender pay gap
Bill Shorten has indicated Labor will soon announce plans for closing the gender pay gap, starting with early childhood educators.
The opposition leader foreshadowed the pledge while detailing Labor’s women’s policy platform in Melbourne on Friday.
“We’ll be announcing new plans to cut the cost of long day child care and we will lead a new national push for pay equity, starting with early childhood educators,” Mr Shorten said.
- Key challenges for the re-elected Coalition government: our experts respond
- Why early childhood education is everyone’s business
- The childcare subsidy calculator you must use before you vote on Saturday
- Federal election 2019: Labor’s childcare proposal ‘a really big deal for typical families’, says Grattan Institute
- Why Labor’s childcare policy is the biggest economic news of the election campaign